Christmas in the Village
‘Christmas in the Village’ Cobden. Santa Claus, strolling carolers, surrey rides, piñatas, Christmas Bazaars and lighting of the village tree. 5K run & walk, along with other activities and entertainment. 618/893-2425
Shop With A Cop Pancake Breakfast
Cobden Police Department, Cobden Elementary Cafeteria, 413 N. Appleknocker, 7:00 am-10:30 a.m. Cost: $7 adults; $3 children.
Live Nativity Scene
First Baptist Church of Cobden will conduct a live Nativity Scene at the corner of W. Maple and Appleknocker from 1:00 pm -4:00 p.m.
– Southpass Beads, 203 E. Ash St. 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Open House. Fused glass ornament workshop. Snacks, coffee and hot chocolate. Store wide sales including hand knits and jewelry for great gifts.
– St. Joseph Church -304 W. Ash (west side of town, Parish Hall behind church), 8:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m., featuring home-made goodies, jellies, crafts, gifts, and raffle (including a beautiful quilt). Lunch served 10:30a.m.-1:00 p.m. (will be serving a variety of homemade soups).
Apostolic Lighthouse Church – 432 S. Front, 9a.m.-2p.m. Home-made goodies including Christmas candies, cookies, pies, cakes, and relishes.
Union County Historical and Genealogy Resource and Cultural Center :
Exhibit of vintage and toy trains. 103 N. Appleknocker. 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Christmas Shop at Union County Museum
117 S. Appleknocker, 8:00 a.m.-5:00p.m., featuring Christmas decorations, artificial trees, collectibles, gifts, and other related items for sale. Museum will be open.
At The Old Feed Store:
– 111 N. Appleknocker, 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m., open house featuring Hospitality Table with refreshments and other spirit of Christmas activities are planned.
– Local artisans and craft/art vendors will be set-up. Lunch will be served.
– Santa Claus will visit from 12:00 pm -3:00 p.m. and goody bags will be given to the kids.
– Free wagon rides will be given during the day.
– Music, 7:30 pm -11:00p.m. (doors open 6:00 p.m.). Food will be served. Tickets: $12.
At the Downtown Park (weather permitting):
– Breaking of the Piniata at 3:00 pm
-The Cobden High School Band performs at 4:30 pm
– Lighting of the Village Christmas Tree after band performs.